Save money on your textbooks at the Columbia University Bookstore through the textbook rental program.
How the Program Works
- Students save more than 50 percent over the cost of purchasing new, printed textbooks
- Orders for rented textbooks can be placed at www.columbiabookstore.com for shipping or store pickup
- Students can still highlight and take notes in the textbooks
- The Columbia University Bookstore sends students emails near the end of the term reminding them to return their rented textbooks
eTextbooks & NOOKstudy
- A wide variety of required and recommended textbooks are available as eTextbooks at the Columbia University Bookstore
- NOOKstudy is a downloadable free study tool that allows students to read purchased eTextbooks on either a Mac or PC
- Students can view books and documents side by side, highlight, copy and paste sections into a word document, print important pages, and create course folders for each class
Want to know if your textbook is available as a rental or an eTextbook? Visit the bookstore in Lerner Hall, or view your course listing at www.columbiabookstore.com under the Textbooks tab.